Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

THE FIGURE I WISH I COULD AFFORD (AND NOT BANKRUPT AFTER)

The best edition of Hulk so far to me. I wish I had the bucks...

If there’s a Hulk statue to have, to me, beyond any reasonable doubt, is the classic The Incredible Hulk Premium Format Figure from Sideshow. No other Hulk figure to this day can compare to that. I don’t know why this figure stroke so deeply in me. Maybe because I keep track of it for almost a decade or even more but for me it is the platonic version of the Green Giant materialized in polystone. Sideshow even tried to pay a tribute to this piece with its recent The Incredible Hulk Premium Format Figure alternate exclusive head but although more detailed (the texturing of the skin is top notch), overall better painted and a better fabric work on the pants it doesn’t ring my bell as the old one. It’s a pitty I will never afford one and even if I could I doubt I would pay two grants for a figure. It’s just too off the roof for me. But is the only Hulk worth having to me which means I’ll never have a Hulk in my collection. Unless someone launches one that surpasses the charisma and character of this oldie chap from my wildest collector’s dreams. Which I think is very difficult given the long relationship I have with this version. Always looking for it on eBay just to watch the guys with big guns nab it. It’s kind of masochistic to do that, I know. But I can’t help myself.  


Overall improved but not quite the same charm as the old one. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment