Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Friday, May 20, 2016

IRON STUDIOS BEATS SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES WITH NEW BLACK PANTHER STATUE

Who would believe, a Brazilian collectible statues manufacturer beat the hell out of Sideshow? And I'm not saying that because I am Brazilian but because Iron Studios just launched "the" Black Panther 1/4 statue to rule them all. They did their homework well and now are prepared to play in the "big league" toe to toe. I was astonished when I saw the Black Panther figure at Sideshow site. At first I thought it was from the North-American studio but reading below I discovered that this marvelous piece is indeed very Brazilian, sir.

From bottom to top this figures is impressive. First the perfect replica of Black Panther outfit from Civil War flick, one of the most intricate and textured costumes ever made for a superhero. Every single detail of the every intricate layer of patterns from the costume is here. Second, the base, half melted, half destroyed  conveys perfectly the war zone climate. Third, the anatomical proportions are perfect, there`s no mistake, everything is place and at the right size. Fourth and most important, and what really sets this figure apart: the pose.

They couldn't be more spot on. Black Panther looks like a feline climbing the spiral staircase ready to attack. Yes, Iron Studios pulled beautifully and came up with a pose that is both creative and fits perfectly the character. I seriously doubt Sideshow can pull a better Black Panther and I seriously doubt they'll try. I believe they cannot beat Iron Studios in terms of detail and now nor in terms of pose. Iron Studios won this game and created one of the best statues to come out this year.

Now I can't complain about the studio anymore (only about the price of the piece, which could be $150.00 less so I could afford it). Even if I can't afford to have one of their pieces. At least I can appreciate their work through the internet. Maybe in Brazil it is less expensive. I'll look into it in their Facebook page.

So, to finish this article I would like to congratulate Iron Studio for give the first step into the major league game field  with the stunning attention to detail that`s already becoming a trademark of their craftsmanship. So much effort would inevitably lead to a perfect piece: this Black Panther rendition.

Only too salty for me. But an unmissable addition to any Marvel fan with a deeper wallet.

I believe this piece will fly off very quickly. That`s what always happen when you do such a terrific job. Below some pictures for you to see I`m not exaggerating (too much!).

And it will be available this October. So close. Just around the corner. Took me by surprise. A good one may I add!

P.S.: I just hope they can deliver the same finishing quality they give to the prototype. This is a major problem with small studios: the large scale production quality standards. In this point no one can beat Sideshow Collectibles. SC always deliver high quality large scale productions. Always. But I got my fingers crossed Iron Studios will handle this part well too. Otherwise...











The panther


In terms of coolness and awesomeness Iron Studios' Black Panther statue is a serious contender to the new Sideshow's Deadpool Premium Format Figure. But I think I'll stick to Deadpool, his figure is too ingrained in my mind to make me change it. And there's the mass production problem from Iron Studios. But I certainly hope they've ironed that out by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment