Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Friday, May 13, 2016

I’VE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY FOR NOT BEING AN ALIEN SUPERFAN

Sideshow recently opened pre-order for a stunning Alien piece entitled the Alien King. They have help from the guy who work on the effects of the Aliens movie to imagine how would be if in the aliens hierarchy besides a queen there was a king. The result is nothing short of awesome. The menacing figure has a more pointy and sharp design than your normal alien and is posed on a complex diorama where several smaller aliens soldiers come to aid crumbling out of their holes is fantastic. A dream came true to every Aliens franchise fan out there. I’m glad I’m not one of them (even though I think the Aliens series is one of the best there are, I like all the movies very much, being the first two obviously at the top) I say that because the figure, which is not that huge, is pricey: a thousand dollars!





Looking at the sculpture with the gigantic main character and the several perfected modelled soldier aliens you can say the price is fair. Aliens is an expensive brand and the design, modelling, casting and painting of this image are extremely complex and requires a lot of work. This is no ordinary piece. Is a tour de force of what Sideshow can produce. A serious contender to Skeletor as the best statue to come this year. (but my heart is still with Eternia’s main villain!). If only I have a deeper wallet and there was not a Deadpool on my way I would certainly pick one of those kings to me. Not so much because I like the series but for the craftsmanship of the piece. Epic. Worth every penny to whom have all these pennies to spent. Take a look at some pics.







No comments:

Post a Comment