Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Saturday, May 21, 2016

I KEEP ON SAYING I DON’T LIKE ACTION FIGURES BUT...

Although I don’t like action figures (maybe because I’m a bad poser) I have indeed three action figures in my collection. Two are sold out items and the other you can find for sale at Sideshow Collectibles. Which were the characters that made me go around my prejudice and acquire action figures? Well, the first one is The Joker (1989 Mime Version) from Hot Toys. It is sold out but you can find it easily and for an accessible price on eBay. The figure is the perfect portrait of Jack Nicholson on 1989 Batman and is completely black and white apart from his hair and lipstick. I chose this one by the striking resemblance with the actor and to go along with my collection of black & Batman mini statues.






The second is Ellie from the game the Last of Us – in Japanese, Elle from Those Who Remain (go figure!). I just love this game so much I had to have her. She is a figure from Iminime so it’s, besides expensive, extra rare to find.





The third and last action figure in my collection (the one that still available at Sideshow here) is Hermione Granger from Star Ace (the oldest version not the new “casual” one). I am a Harry Potter fan (first the books, then the films) and by far this is the most accurate product that I’m aware of. Besides, I just love Hermione as every Harry Potter fan. The resemblance with the actress is also striking, a special case if you see the other Star Ace Harry Potter products. And I believe I’m over with action figures with these three. I don’t imagine myself buying another action figure since my real realm are Premium Format ¼ Statues now. Oh, and I have a lot of PVC Japanese girl statues from animes (mostly Evangelion and Fate Stay Night and from the Street Fighter game, especially Chun Li). That’s how my collection started. I have some Nendroids too. And three Funko POP figures. I also have two or three Bowen Statues, a ¼ Sucker Punch Babydoll from Gentle Giant and five Premium Format Figures from Sideshow (three yet to arrive). Oh, and the Project Triforce Goliath from the game Evolve (also yet to arrive). Some Three A figures (wich could count as action figures in its own twisted way). A couple of hand painted kits (and five or six more yet to paint but where`s the money?) and that’s pretty much it. My whole collection in a nutshell.





I don’t have a place to display my figures properly yet. But one day I will redo my bedroom to accommodate my whole collection. This is the biggest dream of mine. Hope to achieve it in the next three to four years. Until then I believe I won’t be buying many statues (besides the new Deadpool!) so to save money to reform the bedroom. What doesn’t mean that I’ll stop looking for the new pieces that come out in the Market. And if something really, I mean really, grabs my eye I won’t probably resist. ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment