Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Sunday, August 28, 2016

I FORESEE PAINTING PROBLEMS WITH CAPTAIN MARVEL... OR NOT.

Sideshow bombshell Captain Marvel has all to be a hit or miss figure on the painting department. I say that because of her uniform full of stripes, that besides having volume also are curved and grow thinner, in other words, a pain to paint. To make matters worse the high contrast between golden and blue makes any flaw all the more noticeable. If you pay close attention to the prototype pictures, even there, there are small painting flaws what causes me great concern about the mass production of the piece. After all prototype paintings are meant to be perfect.

Circled are minor painting flaws on the prototype.
There shouldn't be flaws on prototype paintings.



I want this piece badly. Ex version, of course. I think overall, from base to alternate head, this figure to be awesome but I need to see the buyers' final product reviews of the statue to make my decision. On a bright side, already knowing the stripes to be a particularly difficult part to paint and one that can ruin the figure, I believe Sideshow’s quality control will take all the measures they can to assure the fabrics do this right, otherwise they will receive a lot of returns of the product, something I bet they don’t want. So, again is a wait and see figure. And that’s what I’m going to do. While trying to make more money on eBay to buy her!

No comments:

Post a Comment