Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Sunday, July 24, 2016

IT'S PRIME TIME AT WONDERFEST

From the signals I receive from the communities, Wonderfest in Japan was Prime 1’s playground. I only see pieces from the company being shown all over the net. And all big novelties, some of them I’m not even sure will see the light of the day here in West. Here is a little wrap up of what was revealed. I must admit that there were things from other companies but the only figures I got to see were the Prime 1 Studio ones. By this restriction I will only show the pieces from this company. What is not all that bad, isn’t it?

The great novelties came in the form of the new line of 1/4 figures from Prime 1, which per se it’s a novelty since the studio generally worked with 1/3 scale figure up until now. They launched two new licenses in the new format: DC’s League 52 and characters from the game Witcher 3. All amazing pieces, many still unpainted. Take a look:

Green Lantern emerging whirling from the underground (as I understood)

Superman from New 52. This one was already at display at SDCC

Witcher 3 characters were a great surprise, especially at this very developed stage. Here, Geralt

I still play a PS3 but a fellow reader told me her name is Ciri

And acording to this fellow reader this one and the next are the same character: Yennefer






Finally, this one is called Eredin, the king of the wild hunt



And the frog is just a frog but it looks freaking awesome.



If wasn’t enough the army of Batmans, friends and foes from Arkham series brought by Prime 1 in SDCC, they still kept a few ones to release at Wonderfest.


Azrael

A bad tempered Batman with bluish cape and mask holding Deathstroke helmet

Killer Croc is really monstrous, almost 1:2 scale. For sake of comparison,
that batskull is the size of a 1/3 head character from the series

Scarecrow apparently has a leg problem.



From the new flick Suicide Squad the only character I had access was Harley Quinn 1/3. By the way I guess all the following pictures are from 1/3 figures. Megatron old school I’m pretty sure is, since Optmus Prime old school is 1/3 and Megatron is meant to be a companion piece to him so…

Yet another Harley Quinn, now from Suicide Squad movie.

Ultraman!

Beast Wars. Will this guy come to West? Yeah, why not?

 
Megatron old school, another big surprise for the fans.

As you could see there were only revelations from Prime 1 Studios and, making a quick search on the net, I did find anything different, so I guess Prime 1 dominated the terrain of breaking news with others showing what they’ve already shown during SDCC.

Finally, I would like to thank Alex Thomas from Radd Titan FB group (I recommend!) from whom I “borrow” the majority of the images from this post. Thank you, man. I hope you don’t mind.

As I came to discover through a fellow member of the community this pictures are not from Wondercon but from Japan's Wonderfest. I look for it on the internet and found hundreds of figures more of different manufacturers but 99% of them based on anime or manga so the probability of they reaching West and interest polystone statues collectors are minimal. I apologize for my mistake but at least you got to know what Prime 1 Studio still have in store for us they didn't show on SDCC. I trully apologize for my mistake. I still don't know the calendar of events. But I'm learning. Yeah sir, I certainly am. The hard way,


To those who didn't read my SDCC wrap up and have some interest, I don't know for what reasons, you can access it here.



12 comments:

  1. The witcher 3 characters are:
    Geralt
    Ciri (Cirilla)
    Yennefer
    Eredin (king of the wild hunt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, for the info, but I don't know who's who because I put the pictures of five characters (one man, three women and a skeleton warrior, no to mention the frog) and you gave me only four names, so I'm a little lost here... I hope that, like you, other Witcher fans will identify the characters too. But once again thank you for your kind help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So now I can name them. I'll do right now. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. No problem.

    The first one is Geralt, the hero of the game.

    The second one is Ciri. I won't tell you much about her in order to avoid spoiling some of fun in the game.

    The third and fourth are the same woman, Yennefer.

    The fifth, the skeleton warrior, is Eredin, the king of the wild hunt.

    Finally, the frog has no special role in the game. :)

    edit: I am resending because of some typos in the previous message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This game is really awesome. Lost more than 300 hours on it. Don't regret a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying Fallout.3 but I can't survive 10 minutes in the outside world because some pestilent dogs and rats and whatnot keep attacking me and my gun is almost nothing against them. It's so frustrating I'm about to give up. But it is said to be one of the best games from PS3 generation. A is gigantic as well. Or so I heard.

      Delete
  6. Never tried fallout myself. I've heard it is entirely world-based, with its story being told on the background, whereas the witcher is the opposite, with the story being on the front, which made me an instant fan. Why don't you try Elder's Scroll Skyrim or Oblivion on your PS3? These go along the same lines as TW3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Skyrim but never tried. Decided for Fallout.3 first because a friend of mine said to be the best game on PS3. But I'm not playing now because my no-brake (and voltage converter) burnt so I can turn on my PS3 until I got one new. But I'll insist in Fallout first there must to be a way to survive with what I have. I'll try another way next time. The game is huge since the beginning.

    ReplyDelete