Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

SWAMP WHAT A THING TO HAPPEN




That came out of nowhere. When we were all complaining about the reusing of famous characters by Sideshow they come with a super-niche character from DC. Swamp Thing is my all-time favorite character and as I looked for through the years I’ve only found a statue and a bust of him. Both pretty ugly in my opinion. So much so I never tried to get them regardless of loving the character. It’s fabulous news that maybe he will be done right by the folks of Sideshow.

I didn’t like what Susan said on Sideshow Live about it being a mixture of Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing and the New 52 version. To me it has to be 100% Alan Moore version. I don’t like the New 52 version at all. It’s not the Swamp Thing fans grown to love. It’s not the Swamp Thing that became a cult icon. It should or must be based on John Totleben’s art!

It’s the piece I’m striving more to see on the SDCC bar none. I’m truly really curious how Sideshow will portrait it and what they mean by Maquette. Maybe the base is more elaborated? A luxuriant swamp perhaps (as much as a swamp can be luxuriant. Lol)? I wish today was already July 20! They gave us so little… only a concept sketch, but at least it resembled me more of Totleben art than New 52. I hope so much this to be true. And I hope they take long time to release it, as much as possible. I’ve promised only to buy another figure by December 2018. Lol. I hope I don’t have to break this promise. It is almost unbelievable that they’re launching Swamp Thing. I thought no statue they could bring to the table would get me really deeply tempted of acquiring, but they went on and announced my dear Swamp Thing. It’s almost as they are toying with me to prove I can’t spend a year without acquiring at least one piece. But if it comes out right. I have nothing else to do but getting him. I’ll be sold. The days seem to move slower after this announcement. It will be a pain to wait until next week to see how it turns out. I like Swamp Thing even more than Spider-Man (my second favorite character and from which I have a Bowen Museum Statue that I'm very satisfied with that, so no need to more Spider-Man). 

My mother just started yelling at me about the figures I’ve bought because I told her I was writing to my collectibles blog and she linked one thing to the other. This is bad news. Very bad news indeed, since she controls my finances. She has this power of making me very upset. She yelled that maybe I’m in my manic mood. Threatened me of taking away my computer. Said she would take me to the psychiatrist to dope me. Among other things. Like cancelling my credit card. And the worst part is that the Hulk bust didn’t start to being deduced. She will get really, really mad when this happens. It will be harder than I thought to acquire Swamp Thing... It’s my money, dang. It’s ozzy that she controls it because of the kind of retirement I’m into. Now I just wish it to be based on the New 52 so I don’t feel the need to buy it… just kidding. Well, sort of.

Anyway, I’ll post this now. Started so happy and ended so sadly. Dang. This is very ozzy… only I know… But if Sideshow do Swamp Thing right I’ll try to get it. Oh, yes, sir, I will. I could well be the winner of the giveaway they’ll certainly do for the figure. I could get lucky just this once. Lol. At least I have this space to at least express my desire. It would be the perfect closure to my collection. I thought that I owned all the characters I love but never imagined Sideshow would do Swamp Thing. Ever. Never even crossed my mind. And so they did. But now I just promised my mother I would let her know when and if I wish to buy a new figure. That's our agreement.

Sorry for this post, I just needed a way to put out all my excitement with this announcement.


P.S.: One thing that I notice is that the concept art has no ears. And Moore’s ST had ears…

P.S. 2: My mother just discovered the price of the Hulk but she saw me so upset that she took it in quite lightly on me. Thank God. On a sad note, I believe Hulk bust (and probably Deadpool bust as well) may be made of fiberglass. Since Tom Gilliland said the gargantuan statue of CotD Odium was made of this material. It seems pretty obvious to me that is the same material was used on both busts hence they be so light. I’m even more upset with this evidence.

Sideshow Swamp Thing should look like this.
-x-x-x-x-

UPDATE (07/15)

I got this three production pics from Sideshow’s Instagram and they revealed the texture of Swamp Thing’s body with it’s a bit similar and a bit different from everything I’ve seem from the character what it’s a novelty but certainly not a bad one. The part I was more concerned of, the head, will have ears and the nose thing looks similar enough with Moore/Totleben version of the character. The figure seems to be big as one would expect from a 1/4 Swamp Thing and the base appears to be quite big as well, appearing to be a swamp with water (of course). Around the web the expectation is that won’t come cheap but it won’t surpass in any way the price of Thanos on Throne given it is a simpler figure not as massive and from a much less known character. My guess is it will range from anywhere around Hulk and Wolverine Maquette’s $649 and Hulk LSB’s $980. I would like it to be at $850 at most but some folks I’ve been talking to expect it to be more expensive. Let’s see. $800 would be the perfect price to me taking into account the inflated prices of today.

Can’t wait to see it fully painted. Colors are crucial to this piece. It’s what will give shape and meaning to the complex set of branches/veins of the statue. Maybe it will have some of the famous Swamp Thing “fruits” on his body and I would love to see a couple of flowers here and there too. If they show the unpainted prototype on SDCC it will be a huge letdown being better not to show it at all as it will look as a deformed creature with indefinite forms to most.  

I wonder what the exclusive would be if any.


Well, here are the pics so you can make your own judgments and predictions yourself.







The Incredible Hulk Marvel Life-Size Bust
Other green monster you shouldn't miss! I didn't! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment