Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

RAMBLINGS

Obviously the best Hulk figure is on the left, right?



4h34. I couldn’t sleep. I slept 14 hours straight last night so I don’t have a single drop of sleepiness. I even tried to sleep but just kept rolling in my bed. So I’m back here. Writing. I was writing my Portuguese blog but as all I talked about was the collectible communities of Facebook, concerned I’m addicted to them, I decided to write my ramblings in English and try to post in ccfigures to see how it goes. 

I posted on the Sideshow Collectibles and Statue Collectors groups the same thing: “I know most of you hated it. I would like to know now who actually ordered (or plan to order) it (image of SS Hulk Life-Size Bust).”

To my astonishment, from a universe of thousands of people, only one (besides me) manifested he ordered it and only three consider ordering the bust. Even though I was very specific on the subject, I still got lots of haters input. It’s without a doubt the most repudiated piece I ever saw in these communities since I began to follow them. I can get why (a strange expression to many, the use of brownish shading when Hulk is supposed to be all green, the weight compared to the size of the piece and the price, even though is the same as the Deadpool life-size bust) but what I can’t get is how strong the negativity movement around this piece became. It became “cool” or “in”, I think, to mock this piece. On the other hand in another thread I’m following, people are all praises to the new Avengers Assemble Hulk, whose heads I found to be very ugly and poorly detailed compared with other 1/5 statues such as the ones from the MotU line. I just don’t get it. I think the Hulk bust to be a fabulous piece so much so I ordered it against my own promess to stop collecting with the order of Malavestros but I was so amazed by this statue that I took the crazy decision of spending $980 on a figure and don’t regret it. It’s almost beyond my means but I had to have it. And I’m not a bust collector, I really don’t dig busts but this one turned out to me as the best Hulk figure I have ever saw, beating even my most desired grail of all: OG Hulk. Yes, I wouldn’t trade this new SS Hulk bust for a OG Hulk (only if it was for resell, buy the bust again and make some easy money over the statue). I am already dreaming with it right at the entrance of my room faced to the door so to cause everyone that enters an impact. And for me to see it many times a day, since I get to get out a lot from my room in order to get Coke to drink (or to eat, go to the bathroom you name it). For me this Hulk bust is a work of art. I hope my mother don’t get too crazy when my credit card starts to come with Hulk flexpayment along with Killer Croc’s last payment and shipping then starting with Malavestros plus Hulk. It's my pension that's paying it but my mom just happens to hate my statues. The worst thing about this Hulk bust is the small number of months offered in the flexpayment. Only 5. I don’t know if it is a measure to avoid order cancelations but I can’t see how could one thing prevent the other. I believe the small number of months to pay and such a high value per month ($176) will alienate even more potential buyers. But it’s just my opinion, SS have more than 20 years of expertise in the business so they know better than anyone what they’re up to.


5h22. A guy just posted a picture of the old coach from “Rocky” movies as his reference to the Hulk bust. Other put the ugly face of a Canadian politician. I can see the resemblance but I can’t see this as a good enough reason to turn the back to the figure. Maybe because it reminds me of Clint Eastwood which is not a bad reference at all. But coming back to the praises to the Avengers Assemble Hulk. It’s a meh piece with a nice body sculpt and terrible heads. But everyone so far thinks it’s wonderful. I just don’t get it. My taste must be the inverse of the people in these groups. And indeed it is. Everybody is devoted to XM studios. I think they make very good and creative bases and have a tremendous quality control but that’s it. Their main differential is that is so darn complicated to get one of their pieces that this fact alone turns all of them grails that only a few can afford to have. Prime 1 is another darling of the collectors and is ruining the market with their absurd prices for 1/4 figures. They also have a better quality control than Sideshow but they leave a lot to be desired in terms of head sculpt and poses. But my main complaint about Prime 1 is that they’re pushing the prices of the market up since other companies realize people are paying their prices and think why not practice the same price points too? That’s really bad for the market and I don’t know where it’s going to end. At least I will watch the time when a 1k 1/4 statue arrives from a safe distance since I stop collecting and my last piece was the Hulk bust, even though the last to arrive will be Malavestros, which I bought first. Maybe the 1k statue appears in this coming Comic Con. Maybe SS Magneto will be that piece depending on the base. Or maybe it comes from Prime 1 themselves with some huge character from DC. I will curiously watch it all knowing that I own everything that I want. I have every character I cherish now that I have a Hulk. And not only a Hulk but the best Hulk ever. I believe Magneto will be a letdown unless it really floats in the air through magnetic charges, because if the drawing circulating the internet is true, Magneto will come in a meh pose with a cloth wired cape on a very uninspiring base. This Comic Con (as the others) will be very interesting to follow. And I will follow very closely. Oh, yes, sir (and miss), I will. Now I’ll get some Coke and watch what’s cooking on the groups which I believe is not much since is 5h55 in the morning. 

-x-x-x-x-


The Incredible Hulk Marvel Life-Size Bust

No comments:

Post a Comment