Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Friday, July 7, 2017

HOW IT FEELS TO BE BANNED :(

I am feeling really bad by being banned from a group of fellow collectors (I rather not to mention the group). They banned me for posting a affiliated link. I know, my bad. Should know the rule. Was stupid. But I am even sadder because they doubted I was indeed a collector. So I’m here to tell the two reasons because I don’t post pictures of my collection. First, most part of it is in my brother’s house who lives in US and from where he brings me one statue every time he comes to visit us here in Brazil (when he can bring one at all). Second, because my room is not prepared to display my statues, so I keep them in the boxes.

I don’t collect solemnly resin statues. Most of my collection is comprised of PVC figures, especially Evangelion, but not limited to that. I like Saber from Fate and Chun Li and other videogame characters. Since maybe more people don’t believe I collect I will enumerate the resin figures I have in Brazil and US and on PO.











BRAZIL:
- SS Daredevil;
- SS Captain America Allied Charge On Hydra (regular);
- SS He-Man (exclusive);
- Bowen Silver Surfer faux bronze;
- Bowen Man-Thing;
- Bowen Spider Man (museum);
- Diamond Selects The Thing;
- Gentle Giant Babydoll (artist proof);
- Beast Mode Wolverine (custom).
I don’t know if it counts but I have a 1/4 Rei by Volks hand painted. Have two other hand painted pieces and one Asuka on bike in the works by Yeti Art. Not to mention all the PVC girls.

US:
- SS Captain Marvel (regular, unfortunately);
- SS Boba Fett Ralph McQuerrie (exclusive);
- SS The Thing (movie maquette);
- Bowen Symbiont Spider-Man (museum);
- Silver Surfer chromed (kit from Phillipines).
- Zombee ZTC-Cat Woman (not the super-hero but a woman dressed like a cat)
I don’t know if counts too but I have a Hot Toys Jack Nicholson Joker apart several other PVC figures and three Black & White Batmans (only zombie Batman is in Brazil, I guess)

POs:
- SS Killer Croc (exclusive);
- SS Malavestros (exclusive);
- SS Hulk life-size bust;  
- Project Triforce Goliath (waiting forever for this one).

In a nutshell this is my humble collection. I know I don’t have any grails, no XM or Prime 1 but I’m quite happy with what I have. I may be forgetting some statue that’s on US but it’s pretty much it. I’m not ashamed that most of my collection is comprised of PVC pieces. I happen to like them and afford them, plus they’re beautiful and sexy. Sorry for the bad pics, my cell phone is old and I’m a terrible photographer.

It hurts when people doubt you. So I felt like I needed to share part of my collection with you. One day, maybe next year I’ll do a reform in my room so it can accommodate my collection properly. Once it’s finished I’ll do another post I hope with better pictures that these ones. Maybe with a couple more statues from US. In the meantime, I’ll write about the figures that grab my attention even if I don’t have the money to afford them. I’m pretty forked now that I ordered the Hulk bust but was a character I needed in my collection and I think the bust is quite fabulous. I just don’t know how the heck I’ll bring it to Brazil, since I guess the box will be bigger than allowed to go as luggage on an international flight. But that’s a problem to the future. Now I’ll have to learn to live without access to one of my most beloved collectors group. I made a mistake but was accused of so many things (especially of being a false collector) that I feel a bit heartbroken. But so is life with ups and downs. You don’t know how much these groups are important to me. I’m a retired guy, who has as hobbies to write a blog about figures (and one about my life, in Portuguese), collect figures and visit these vibrant Facebook communities. I left my home, my room, very sporadically. I guess it’s one of the effects of bipolar disorder, I’m becoming increasingly antisocial. But, that is okay because I’m happy where I am and with what I have. Sorry for this outflow, is that my soul is a bit heavy due to the denial. Denial isn’t a good thing to receive and takes a while to settle down in one’s mind. On the bright side you got to know my collection. I know it’s not much but it took me almost a decade to amass it. Now I’ll take a looong brake until my next statue. I need to save for my room’s reform as well as pay this three POs I have left. I’ll maybe loose the opportunity of getting the new SS Magneto, but, let me tell you: I’m not really excited about it at all. I’ll write my impressions when SDCC comes. I’ll finish this post here. Until then, folks! Best wishes and happy collecting.   


P.S.: sorry for the terrible English but I’m a self-taught English speaker and not a good one at that.

P.S.2: just out of curiosity to prove I didn't born to be a grail guy, here are some pieces I've sold:

- Bowen Jocasta Chromed Version (n° 8 of 25)
- SS Deadpool with chicken
- F4F Samus Varia Suit (first version)
- F4F Skull Kid (first version)
- SS Hulk Avengers (first edition)
- Bowen Gladiator Hulk 
Yes I regret I've sold them. Very. Much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment