Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Thursday, June 23, 2016

SIDESHOW’S NEW BOLD DIRECTION OR CAWABUNGA! MORE TURTLES!

Sideshow is taking a new bold step in its story and one I’m very glad they’re taking. They started to reinvent franchises’ characters giving them a totally new look. It started with Masters of Universe franchise, then the Ralph McQuarrie's reivented Star Wars key characters and now with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Their take on the green guys is the coolest among the enormous variety of TMNT available on the market today, as seen by this newly released photo of Leonardo. They tried to approximate the face of Leo to the one of a real turtle yet maintaining the cartoon feel and giving it a lot of personality on both the expression and pose. I like it a lot.



Two things I disliked about the picture that I hope to be solved when developing is finished: the right arm and the head have noticeable spaces in between them and the body. I guess these two parts will come separated from the figure. No problem about that, since the joints are unnoticeable. They’ve made an excellent job on Daredevil’s head and I hope they fix this by the time of launching. Other than that, I love the cartoonish realistic look of Leonardo and am very hyped about this collection. (Even though I’m saving my money for Deadpool…but, hey, dream is for free, huh?).


I hope Sideshow continues to pursue this trail and try to do it with more franchises. I would love to see an alternate take of a Marvel figure (like XM fantastic take of Batman Samurai). But, then again, I think is ask too much from the licenser. Even though the aforementioned Deadpool takes some artistic liberties from the movie or comics character. Let’s just wait and see.



I like how things is going on Sideshow (creatively speaking!). On the other (dark) side, (besides inflating prices and huge edition sizes) I do not like the repaint step they took: besides the regular R2-D2, now there’s an unpainted and imperial painted one. The same figure with different paintings, this is ludicrous. Not to mention the repainted premium print formats of DC girls. And divide the X-Men Premium Art Print in two and selling like new products?! These are a low blows!

No comments:

Post a Comment