Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Sunday, September 23, 2018

POWER AND DISMEMBERMENT



For those who don’t believe in the power of Facebook collectors groups an undeniable proof was given: you complained so much about Sideshow Psylocke portrait that the company changed it creating a completely different look for the statue. If it turned out better or worse is a subjective matter,  the fact is they did change the portrait because of us. I cannot stress it enough, we have power, our voice is heard by the companies. I can only wonder what we can achieve if we create a coordinated movement to, let’s say, ask for more months to be added to payment plans or to ask them to make a Flash or Penguin statue. I said it more than once, our saying is powerful, now with Psylocke's new portrait, you have the proof. I’ve tried to make a poll asking which statues you want Sideshow to do the most. The level of engagement was minimal because it seems we don’t know or don’t want to work as a group. I gave up trying to mobilize the community towards a goal it’s too frustrating to see so much potential capable of shape the hobby we love wasted. I won’t do it anymore but you again give the cue: at least Sideshow hears us because we are their core public. Prime 1 is another story, another reality altogether with censorship at bay. I don’t like this behavior. About XM I cannot speak because I really don’t know the company and its relationship with the public. Sideshow hears us if we mobilize ourselves towards a goal it may very well happen. I have to promise to myself that this is the last time I  talk about this subject.

-x-x-x-x-


On another topic altogether, an inevitable path the evolution of statues is leading us is of increasingly complex pieces to mount. I don’t know if they think the collector likes to assemble their statues so the more pieces are regarded as better or simply because they’re daring more in the composition of the statues and it leads to this fragmentation of the pieces. I must admit I do not like complex rassemblement of my pieces, the simpler the better for me.  It’s all for now. Don’t have many contents this time around but felt the need to share this with you and hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment