Fixed Post

LIST OF INTERVIEWS

Thursday, May 12, 2016

I’M NOT A STAR WARS FAN BUT...

I’m not a Star Wars fan (even though I have seen all the seven movies) but it doesn’t mean that all Star Wars products go undetected by me. I think something strange happens because what grabs my attention are things that fans may dislike. If I were to have something Star Wars it would be Ralph McQuarrie’s Exclusive BobaFett (oh, the white T helmet is so cool) because it is the opposite of the original one in the sense that it is clean and sleek, predominately white with lighter tones of the other colors. The normal helmet also caught my attention because it looks like those 1950’s sci-fi illustrations and this retro feel is quite nice to me. I’ve pre-ordered this statue but had to give up because Dark Phoenix appeared and stole my heart. It’s not out of my plans to buy this figure if I can make money selling my brand new Tweeterhead 66 Batman & Robin and Zombee Toys Cat figure.




The best to the end: exclusive T helmet. White! Lovely.


The other Star Wars figure that caught my attention was the black and golden “imperal” version of R2-D2, called R2-Q5. I found it so darn cool and cute. Again clean and sleek compared to the original, that I think I’ll use my orders reward points to get him with a discount if it’s still available until then.






For some reason I believe the hardcore fans of Star Wars don’t like this alternate versions very much, preferring the “real deal” versions of their beloved characters. I may be completely wrong because I don’t know any Star Wars fan myself. But I certainly hope so, so I earn the extra time I need to gather the money to grab these two pieces before they go sold out.

To be completely honest, I’m only daydreaming here because now I only have eyes to one figure: the new Deadpool Premium Format Figure. And if I have to choose where to put my money (if I earn it) in Bobba Fett sleek version or the new PF Deadpool the latter would be a no brainer for me. It seems to be one of the coolest poses in Sideshow’s history. I’m only afraid of the part they didn’t show yet. I hope I don’t get another disappointment as with the PVC fire on Dark Phoenix legs and base. I’m on my toes, eagerly waiting to see the whole piece when it goes pre-order. I’m also afraid of the price. I hope very much it stays under $450. $500 at max, even though I think is a bit too much for such a niche character. His license can’t be that expensive, besides all the hype from the movie (which turn out to be very cool at the end, if you can live with some American Pie level jokes that is. At least I enjoyed every minute of it and plan to watch it again!).   




On a sad side note, I’ve cancelled the pre-order I did for the new F4F ¼ Samus in Varia Suit. Will need the money to buy Deadpool in case I don’t sell none of the figures I’m planning. I’m sorry First4Figures you nail it and surparss yourselves with the new Samus, but Sideshow also surpassed itself on Deadpool. And there’s a difference on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment